Here are answers to some of the commons questions we get here at the library.

Q: How can I log into my library account from home?
A: To log into your online library account please go to our website and select “our catalog” from the “books and more” tab. Your login i.d. is the number on the back of your library card, below the bar-code, and your password is your last name in capital letters. Once you log in you will be able to change your password, renew your items, place holds and more. Most items can be renewed one time. Games, Museum Passes, and Inter-Library Loans cannot be renewed.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call and speak with our staff.  We can reset your password if needed.

Q: Where can I park when using the library?
A: You may use the two 15 minute spots near the entrance for short visits. If you need a handicapped space, there is one closest to the door. Any parking place with a black post requires that you pay at a kiosk.
Street parking is free behind the library closer to the First Baptist Church, and beyond Maple Ave.
We DO NOT recommend parking in the lot directly behind the library (it is privately owned and may tow).

Q: Do I need to pay for parking if I have a handicapped placard?
A: No, you do not have to pay for parking as long as you have a handicapped placard. You must be sure the placard is visible from the the street.

Q: Does the library have computers I can use?
A: Yes. The library has dedicated computers available to adults, children ages 5-17, and a computer for children ages 4 and under.

Adult computers can be used any time the library is open. Adult patrons are able to log on using the barcode number on the back of their library card. Guest patrons are able to use guest passes for up to two hours a day.  If you do not have a library card (and do not live in Collingswood or Woodlynne) you may obtain a guest pass at the reference desk.  Residents are encouraged to apply for a library card for full computer access.

Children’s computers are available only to children, and only when Children’s staff are present. For access to one of the children’s computers, please see the Children’s area staff.  Children accompanied by an adult, or those over the age of 6 may ask to use the Adult Computers if there are no staff available in the Children’s area.

Q: Does the library have free WiFi?
A: Yes. Please ask a staff member for the WiFi password.

Q: Can I print at the library?
A: Yes. You may print from any of our library computers. Printing is .15 cents per black and white page, and .25 cents per color page. If you need help with printing, feel free to ask the librarian at the reference desk. Wireless printing from your own device is not supported at this time.

Q: Does the library offer fax services?
A: Yes. Faxes may be sent to and received at the library. The fee is $1 per page, whether sending or receiving. The reference staff on the second floor will assist you.

Standard printing costs of $.15 per page will apply for printed receipt confirmations.

Q: Does the library offer tutors?
A: The library does not have tutors, but students and tutors can use the library as a tutoring place. The library cannot guarantee that it will meet every student’s needs for silence, privacy, etc., due to the limited space and high volume of users. Tutors may use meeting rooms when they are not reserved for groups, but they must allow other patrons to use these spaces concurrently.

Q: Will the library help me use the computer?
A: A reference staff member will be happy to walk you through the basic functions of using our computers, though the extent of instruction will depend on how much assistance staff need to give to other patrons in the Reference/Computer area.

Q: Does the library have computer classes?
A: The library does not currently have computer classes. The Camden County Library system does offer free computer classes at their various branches, including classes geared towards seniors. Please call their main Voorhees Branch with questions at 856-772-1636 or visit their website by clicking here for more information.

Q: Can the library help me write a resume?
A: Yes. We have resume-writing books at the reference desk. Just ask the reference librarian for them. In addition, Job and Career Accelerator has instructions on how to create a resume and cover letter.

Q: Does the library provide proctoring for tests?
A: A student seeking proctoring should contact the reference department to make arrangements for an exam. Based on availability, one of our staff proctors will give the student his or her contact information, which the student in turn submits to the school. After notifying the school, it is the student’s responsibility to contact our staff to be sure that the testing materials, and/or access to the testing website have been received by the staff member proctoring the exam. Once the exam has finished, our staff member will ensure that written exams reach the post office without delay. The library cannot guarantee that the computer area will meet every students’ testing needs for silence, privacy, etc., due to the high volume of computer users. If you have any further questions, please contact the library, and we will be happy to assist you.

Q: How old do I have to be to volunteer at the Collingswood Public Library?
A: You have to be 14 years or older to volunteer at the Collingswood Public Library.

Q: I speak English, but never learned to read or write. Can the library help?
A: The best resource we can suggest at this time is the Literacy Volunteers of Camden County. Please call them at 8567721636 ext.7331. They will test your ability level, and provide a private tutor free of charge. You and your tutor are welcome to use the library as your meeting place!

Q: Can I get help to learn English as my second language at the library?
A: The best resource we can suggest at this time is the Literacy Volunteers of Camden County. Please call them at 8567721636 ext.7330. They will test your ability level, and provide a private tutor free of charge. You and your tutor are welcome to use the library as your meeting place!

The Camden Rutgers Branch of the Camden County Library System also has free ESL classes. Call the branch at 8562256807 and ask the staff for more information.
Here are some other resources for ESL students.

Q: Do you have a Notary?
A: We do have one notary on staff.  Notary service is free, but you must have a valid library card with CPL.  Our notary cannot do wills or real estate transactions.  As we are open 7 days a week, the notary is not available at all times.  It’s advisable to call first to check on availability. Details on notary service may be found here.

Q: Does the library have tax forms?
A:In February the library usually receives literature for the 1040 and  1040SR. Other federal and state tax forms, and instruction books can be accessed online.
Online tax forms are available here
Additional tax forms are available at:

Internal Revenue Service
51 Haddonfield Rd.
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Phone Number: 856-321-1328

New Jersey state tax forms can be accessed online here:


To order 2019 NJ state forms and instruction via phone call:


Agents are available from 8:30 am-4:30 pm Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).

Federal tax forms:
can be ordered online or over the phone.
You may order up to 10 different products, and you will receive two copies of each ordered form, and one copy of each ordered publication.
To order forms and instructions call:


For New Jersey free, online tax preparation visit NJ Division of Taxation
For Federal free, online tax preparation visit IRS FreeFile
For calculations on the Social Security Worksheet visit here

Q: Where can I get help with my taxes?
A: You can get tax help through AARP and VITA.

AARP offers free tax help (in tax season), and will be at the Collingswood Library every Friday from 12 pm-4pm starting on Friday February 7, 2020 and ending Friday April 10, 2020.
AARP will also being providing tax help at various Camden County Library branches. Please click here for the Camden County Library System tax aid schedule.
Those seeking tax assistance should bring:

  • Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer ID Number (ITIN). including children or spouse
  • All W-2 forms
  • All 1099 forms (such as 1099G/unemployment forms, or 1099R/pension payments)
  • All 1098-T forms/tuition payments, 1098-E forms/total student loan interest paid, as well as receipts for materials and books.
  • Total child-care expenses in 2019, and name, address, Employer Identification Number (EIN) or SSN of child-care provider(s)
  • Total rent paid in 2019
  • Any mail from the IRS
  • Bank account, and routing numbers for direct deposit
  • A copy of a 2018 federal and/or New Jersey tax return (if possible).

Local Community Questions

Q: Where can I register to vote?
A: To register in person go to:

Collingswood Borough Hall
678 Haddon Avenue
Collingswood, NJ 08108
Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.

To register online:
Access voter registration materials here
Print and mail completed registration forms to:

Camden County Superintendent of Elections
PO Box 1066
Camden, NJ 08101-1066

You may also drop completed registration forms off at Collingswood Borough Hall.
If you have further questions, please call Borough Clerk Holly Mannel at 8568540720 ext.127.


Q: Can I get groceries delivered to my house?
A: Yes. There are several options or citizens of Collingswood and the surrounding communities who would like to get their groceries delivered to their homes.
Road Runner: will pick up a custom order by phone or by email. The service will pick up groceries for a minimum charge of $20 (Collingswood and Westmont are in the minimum range, the company is in Haddonfield) plus $2 per bag of groceries. Road Runner representatives can be reached by phone at 8564287500. Please contact Road Runner for more information.
Senior Citizens United Community Services (SCUCS): has a volunteer coordinator available from 10 – 2:30 Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The coordinator will arrange for a volunteer to come twice a month, to deliver groceries with no more than 20 items per trip.There are no doctor notes required, but SCUP will interview the person over the phone prior to services being offered. The SCUP can be reached by phone at 8564561121, and their offices located in Audubon. Please contact the SCUP if you would like more information.
FreshDirect accepts phone orders and may have better prices or a wider selection than local stores, but please note that FreshDirect’s website only mentions its New York number for phone orders, but it may also accept phone orders at its Philadelphia number: 12158255726. FreshDirect’s phone line for Spanish speakers is 12128973797.
Amazon Fresh is now serving Collingswood. There will be an annual fee and, and you will need a computer to place your order, and free deliever requires a 50$ minimum order. You can order here
Instacart is located in Philadelphia, but doesn’t yet serve Collingswood, though it likely will soon. You can visit the Instacart webite here.


Q: Is it true that Collingswood is a dry town because the deed to Knight Park stipulates that the borough be alcohol free?
A: It is not true. According to this NJ.com the deed stipulates that alcohol not be served on the park premises, but that does not apply to the whole town.
The Brief History of Collingswood states that Collingswood voted to exclude liquor in 1873. In the book “Collingswood” by Janet Spavlik (available in our library [974.987 Spavlik]), the author also notes that Collingswood banned alcohol on its land in 1873 and that Knight Park was not willed to Collingswood until 1892.
Collingswood’s borough website and Collingswood’s Wikipedia page describe the 2015 ordinance that currently allows craft breweries to operate in the town but not serve food.