Founded in 1910, the Library is a center for lifelong learning for people of all ages, backgrounds, and interests.
The Collingswood Public Library’s mission is to serve the local community’s informational, educational, cultural, and social needs through open access to a wide range of ideas, resources, and services.
Vision: Collingswood Public Library will be the community hub where neighbors gather to learn, share, inspire, and create.
See the 2020-2024 Strategic Plan Here
Library Board of Trustees
The Collingswood Public Library is an independently incorporated institution established by the Borough of Collingswood in 1910. A Commission-appointed [six-eight member] Board of Trustees manages the library. The Mayor and the Superintendent of Schools are ex-officio members. The Trustees meets the first Thursday of each month (except July) at 6:30 pm in the Library’s George A. Palmer New Jersey Room.
The Collingswood Library Board of Trustees
- M. James Maley, Mayor
- Cass Duffey, Borough Administrator, Borough of Collingswood
- Dr. Scott Oswald, Superintendent of Schools, Collingswood School District
- Joseph Gurcsik, Collingswood School District
- Kenneth Allendoerfer, President
- Anne Vogelmann, Secretary
- Mary Johnson, Treasurer
- Beth Cackowski
- Annemarie Dunn
- Corrina Barnett, Circulation Specialist
- Kristin Bilson, Youth Services Assistant
- Alan Breakstone, Research Librarian and InterLibrary Loan (ILL)
- Ginny Brown, Research Assistant
- Jane Caputi, Circulation Specialist
- Renee Crouse, Youth Services Assistant
- Melissa DeSantis, Youth Services Librarian
- Carol Ehret, Head of Access and Technical Services
- Sue Grella, Research Librarian
- Quinn Griffin, Circulation Specialist
- Kaley Iacovetta, Youth Services Programming Paralibrarian
- Sara Renner, Circulation Specialist
- Carissa Schanely, Director
- Christine Wilcox, Circulation Specialist and InterLibrary Loan (ILL)