There are New Jersey Voter Registration applications available at the library.
New Jersey does NOT require any form of identification to vote.
Voter registrations must be completed and sent to the county board of elections and/or postmarked by 10/13/2020.
Check your registration status: https://voter.svrs.nj.gov/registration-check
If your address or information has changed, please check that you have not been changed to inactive.
Vote by Mail Drop Boxes
While you may use a regular post office mailbox, as an additional convenience, the State of New Jersey is providing Vote by Mail drop boxes for each county.
There will be box locations throughout the county that will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, through the close of polls.
The locations will be well lit and be monitored by video surveillance cameras.
Tracking Mailed-in Ballots
- Visit the NJ Voter Information Portal
- Sign up for NJ Voter Public Access Account
- Log in and check your ballot
How to find your polling place for in-person voting: https://voter.svrs.nj.gov/polling-place-search
For Collingswood residents, please note that McLaughlin Hall (for Districts 6 & 7) will not be a polling location. District 6 and 7 should report to the Senior Center, along with districts 1,4, and 8. More information here.
A note about in-person voting: If a voter chooses to vote in-person, they will vote by paper Provisional Ballot. You will not be able to vote in a machine. At each of the polling places, there will be an accessible voting machine to comply with the American Disabilities Act (ADA). To access the machine, the voter will need to certify, under the penalty of fraudulent voting, that they are unable to vote a paper ballot.
To register in New Jersey, you must be:
- A United States citizen
- At least 17 years old, though you may not vote until you have reached the age of 18
- A resident of the county for 30 days before the election
- A person not serving a sentence of incarceration as the result of a conviction of any indictable offense under the laws of this or another state or of the United States.
- General Election Information
- Primary Election Information
- Election Certifications
- Chronological Election Timelines
- Statewide Voter Registration Statistics
- National Voter information
- FEC (Federal Elections Commission)
Where can you check your voter status?
Where can I download registration materials?
- State of New Jersey Information: https://www.state.nj.us/state/elections/voter-registration.shtml
- Camden County Voter Information:
New Jersey Voter Registration Application (English)
Solicitud de Inscripción de Votante de New Jersey (En Español )
Interested in helping other voters get registered?
For more information on the candidates:
To check the requirements outside of NJ, please visit this site and choose the state that you’re interested in learning about: https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/voter-id.aspx#Laws%20in%20Effect